Monday, February 28, 2011

My Design Inspiration



My design inspiration lies just beyond my front door!  God's creation is what inspires me the most when it comes to designing a space.  I love the beauty and the feelings that come when I take a hike through the woods, or stand on the beach and gaze at an amazing sunset.  I especially love being near water.  From a very young age, I have loved swimming and any activity that involved water.  The influence of water can be seen in the design spaces that I like the most.  I like a room that has an open and airy feel with clean lines and a soft "watery" color palette such as pale blues and grays.

In addition to my enjoyment of water, I love to garden.  I have several flower beds and I like to plant a small vegetable garden in the spring.  There is nothing like the satisfaction of watching something beautiful come from a tiny seed that you've planted. I love the textures and shapes that make up the beauty of the flowers. That may be why I like to layer a room with rich textures and interesting shapes that mimic what you see in nature!

My love for the outdoors and nature has raised my awareness of my design choices when I am selecting the furniture and finishes for a space.  I realize that choosing sustainable products and reusing existing pieces whenever possible, can make a difference in protecting the environment, and I want to do my part to preserve the beauty that surrounds us whenever I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment