Monday, March 7, 2011

Drawing a Chest of Drawers in AutoCAD

Below,  is an example of a chest of drawers I recently drew in AutoCAD class.  I began the drawing by making a line that was 40 inches long.  The next several steps involved offsetting the lines to draw the bottom of the dresser.  I used the rectangle command to make the drawers.  To draw the hardware, I had to use the copy command and made sure the base point was in the upper right-hand corner of the drawer.  To make the rounded edges at the top and the bottom of the chest, I used the fill-it command. I also had to use the arc command to make the two arcs at the top and bottom of the chest.  We actually made the foot for this chest on another day, and copied it onto the completed drawing.

When I was in school many years ago, there were no computers, so this is all very new and very high-tech for me!  I am always relieved and very happy everytime I complete a drawing and it actually looks like the original handout that we were given in class!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment