Monday, February 21, 2011

Welcome to my Blog!

Hi! Welcome to my blog!  This is the very first entry on my design blog.  I am a first-year student at Randolph Community College majoring in Interior Design.  Each week, I will be posting updates on the exciting new things I am learning in my design classes. I will also be sharing design inspirations and beautiful images that you might enjoy, too. 

This week, I just completed a color wheel for my Color Theory class.  We were asked to mix twelve pure hues of color and cut those into circles to be placed on our color wheel.  The assignment helped us to see what a pure hue actually looks like as opposed to what we had always perceived it to be.  I was surprised to find that what I had always perceived the color red to be, for example, was actually red-orange.  In the Intro to Principles of Interior Design class, we are working on a Master Bedroom design for a "client".  We were asked to pick out the furnishings, fabrics, paint colors, and finishes for the room.  This week we are completing the space planning for the room and actually drafting the room layout onto vellum.  My favorite class is Graphic Presentation where we are currently learning  how to color render our design drawings.  We have been designing a living room in our own design style, and we will draw the design from a one-point or two-point perspective for our final project, and then color render the drawing.  Even though my classes involve a lot of time and effort, I am enjoying them very much!

Thanks for following me as I venture on this design journey!  Join me again next week when I will be sharing with you a design trend alert!

1 comment: