Thursday, August 22, 2013

Design on a Dime!



I recently installed the fourth model home for a group of home developers out of Winston-Salem, NC.  Now that we have worked on several projects together, these clients are very familiar with my style and they trust me enough to let me design whatever I like as long as I stay within their budget.  However, I don't mind a budget at all; in fact, I like the challenge of making a room feel warm and inviting without spending a fortune.  My favorite type of room is one that appears the items have been collected over time rather than one that looks like someone went into a big- box store and bought everything to match, without much thought behind their selections.  When you are decorating on a budget, you often have to shop around for the best deals resulting in a finished room with that collected feel I like so much!

For this Master bedroom, I found great bargains at places like Tuesday Morning, TJ Maxx, HomeGoods, Ikea, Hobby Lobby, Marshalls, and some local consignment shops!

The sunburst mirror and framed marsh prints were ordered from my to-the-trade art vendors.  The Euro shams and sheets were TJ Maxx.  The duvet and insert were from Ikea.  
The upholstered headboard, mercury glass lamps, mirrored nightstands, and chevron pillows were all great Tuesday Morning finds.  The coverlet folded at the foot of the bed was from HomeGoods.

The midcentury modern dresser and the framed photo was from Ikea.  The large, round, beaded mirror was a great consignment store find.  The lamp and accessories were all TJ Maxx and Marshalls.


The midcentury modern chest of drawers was from Ikea.  The framed photo from Hobby Lobby.
 In the end, the room felt warm and cozy while staying well within the budget, making my clients and me very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment