Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Second Chance for This Little Bench



I was recently asked by one of my clients if I could makeover a small bench that had been passed down to her from an aunt.  The bench was very sturdy and we both thought it could make a nice addition to her entryway area as a place to sit down and put on your shoes.  She was thinking maybe a black color, but I encouraged her to stay with a light color that would blend in with the walls, yet stand out against the wood floors.  I will be taking the bench to her tomorrow.  I hope she likes it as much as I do!

Here is the bench before we painted it and added a new cushion.

After selecting the fabric, I gave it a coat of paint using Annie Sloane chalk paint in "Old White".

 My seamstress made the new cushion using a very durable, but comfortable fabric.  I had her add the two buttons to give it just a bit more personality.

Amazing how a little paint and some new fabric can bring new life to an old piece of furniture!  




No comments:

Post a Comment