Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Design Journal

Last spring, we were asked to start a Design Journal that included 20-30 of our own sketches and color renderings. We could draw anything we wanted as long as it was design related.  I am presently compiling projects for my portfolio which will be presented to a group of local Interior Designers in May. Yikes!  The sketches that I've posted below were drawn by hand, and some of them were color rendered, as well.  I really enjoyed this project because I enjoy drawing, and wanted to share a few of my favorites with you.

This drawing was hand rendered
using colored pencils.
This chair was hand rendered using Prisma markers.
I use Prisma markers and colored pencils for most
of my design renderings.


I like the idea of sitting in this chair
 enjoying the ocean breeze!






The drawing above was all done in pencil.  This was an exercise in perspective drawing, and shading.  We were all asked to find a room that we liked from a magazine, and draw the room.  I found this room in Traditional Homes Magazine.  I put the finished drawing in iPhoto to blur the edges.




No comments:

Post a Comment